Monday, August 30, 2010

Strength and Why I Changed the Chart

I've never particularly cared for percentile strength, it always seemed to be a bit of a downer. You think you roll the best strength score you can, but no! There's a new roll now and you probably won't be that lucky again.

And that's provided your character is a fighter...

I suppose that if the other classes had percentile prerequisites it wouldn't have grated all that much and it would have sort of balanced things... though what the mechanics of an 18/00 intelligence would be, I am not sure.

Nonetheless, they didn't and I resented percentile strength. Though, the thought occurs that if only fighters (not their sub-classes) had access to it, it might not have been as annoying, then again, mayhaps not...

And this mighty lead-in takes us to my revised strength chart, cheerily presented via Google docs, at least I hope so...

Strength Table II (revised)

1 comment:

christian said...

I've never liked percentile strength, either. Especially when I could not trust the player who claimed that rea really and truly rolled that 18/98.